Wednesday 1 May 2013

HONOR C...

Artwork by Paul Richmond

It's here. The finalized cover art for my novella, HONOR C.

I think, if I should live to see a billion books released, I'll never get tired of the thrill of seeing the cover for my book.

It's at that stage---for me, anyway---that you know it's real, it's beautiful and it's about to happen. Your babies coming to life before your very eyes. Oh, sure, they always were alive from the moment you conceived them.

But just something about seeing them in living color. No words to describe that excitement. Not for this gal's limited vocabulary.

I'm lucky in this rendering because the artist, Paul Richmond, has brought my characters, Honor Castillo and Jorge Villagomez, to gorgeous life. Not only did he paint physical likenesses of them, he somehow incorporated their spirits into the cover. The intimacy, the romance, the setting.

And I wanted to take this moment to brag on Mr. Richmond. He took special pains to make this cover meet MY vision. He tweaked when I squeaked and assured me the image would not be considered finalized until it matched the vision in my heart and head.

And he did it.

So that is the final step in the book's production. Next step. Release. My boys will soon be released from my hands and out into the public.

Here's the blurb:

When Honor Castillo convinces himself he isn’t gay, he begins a new life. He ends his affair with his lover, Jorge Villagomez, and marries Rebecca to establish a life with her as a respected San Antonio businessman. They have a son and he tells himself he is happy.

Eleven years later, Jorge returns to San Antonio, and his path crosses with Honor’s once more. The flame of their passion never died, and neither did Jorge’s love for Honor.

When Jorge approaches Honor to design his studio, Honor believes he can walk the line between friendship and lovers. But when a sudden crisis threatens to take Jorge from him forever, Honor must choose between his duty and his heart. Most of all, he’s forced to decide what he’s willing to lose in order to be true to who he really is.

Again, I thank Paul Richmond for his talent, his time and his insight. I thank the entire Dreamspinner staff for their time and talent in every step of production.

And I think, from the bottom of my heart, the publisher for believing in me and making my story come to life.






4 Comments:

aagdesigner said...

nice post....
Beauty Salon In San Antonio

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Paul did indeed do a wonderful job. They look like a couple in love forever. Nice, Carol!

C. Zampa said...

Thank you, 'aagdesigner'!

C. Zampa said...

Thank you, Joylene!
They do, don't they? Sigh! I really love this cover.